Monday, June 2, 2008

Homemade Cough Syrups

I recently had a request for the homemade honey cough syrup recipe that I made for my children this year. Its a wonderful cough syrup that I am sure some of you could benefit from during this time of allergies when coughs become bothersome. I took a swig tonight and it rid me of the annoying tickling cough that I have been experiencing all day today. Why it took me all day to think of it is beyond me but I am very comfortable now while I type this out.

The cough syrup worked great for my family this past cold season; it even worked well on my husband whose coughs are generally tough to kick. Click here to read the article for a couple of different recipes. I can only vouch for the effectiveness of the horehound and honey recipe.

If you were to make any of the recipes with the highly antimicrobial Manuka Honey (click here to read about this awesome honey) you’d have a nice homemade cough medicine. Horehound can be found in a natural food market or health food store that sells herbs. I found horehound tea bags and made the recipe that way. Manuka Honey is becoming more popular and also can be found in natural food markets and health food stores.

I hope you experiment with these natural cough solutions and utilize the healing benefits of honey. You'll even have a natural solution for your coughs instead of using all those over the counter medicines that are questionable for you and especially your children to use.

If it is allergies that you are suffering from, Lavender and Young Living's blend Harmony might be just what the doctor should have ordered. I'll save that for tomorrow's post. Let me know if you try these recipes and how they work for you.

Yours in Scentsible Wellness,
Elizabeth

No comments: